(7 available contact hours)
Networking & Educational Workshop
for Lymphedema Therapists
Zoom Live-Streaming Online
"Innovations to Update Your Practice: #2"
December 4, 2021
WORKSHOP DATE: Saturday, December 4, 2021
TIME: (**NOTE: ALL TIMES ARE IN Pacific Time)
(7 possible contact hours)
8:00 a.m.- 5:00 p.m.
WORKSHOP FEE: only $195.00
Maureen McBeth, MPT, CLT-LANA: "Innovations in Early Intervention Treatment"
Andrea Brennan, OTD, OTR/L, CLT-LANA, WCC, CI-CS: "Integrating Research for Innovative Decongestive Therapy"
Karen Ashforth, MS, OTR, CLT-LANA: "Innovative Uses for Lymphatic Treatments"
Leslyn Keith, OTD, OTR/L, CLT-LANA: "Innovations in Diagnosis and Treatment of Deep Thoracic Lymphatic Dysfunction"
CONTACT HOURS: 7
Lymphedema Seminars is an Approved Provider #8208 for Continuing Education by the American Occupational Therapy Association (AOTA). We have applied to the CA Physical Therapy Association (CAPTA) for CEUs, and therapists from other states should apply individually after the course. We also provide Certificates of Completion to all attendees.
WORKSHOP CONTACT: Shoosh Crotzer, Lymphedema Seminars, 805.772.3560
WORKSHOP PROGRAM SCHEDULE: see Program below
REFUND / COMPLAINT POLICY:
- Identify the main barriers to care for implementing early intervention for BCRL
- Recognize the financial toxicity of BCRL diagnosis
- Describe three opportunities that exist for changing the way BCRL is managed in your practice
- Learn the basic underpinnings of implementation science and how this can provide a path forward for moving evidence into rehabilitation practice
- Recognize the current level of evidence on effects of decongestive lymphatic therapy for the chronic edema and lymphedema patient
- Recognize the importance of patient related outcome measures for the chronic edema and lymphedema patient
- Name three specific applications of lymphedema treatment that are applicable post-orthopedic surgery
- Perform provocative testing for three common types of repetitive strain injuries and identify three components of lymphedema treatment applicable for RSI
- Define EDS, POTS and MCAS and identify three components of lymphedema treatment to treat these conditions
- Recognize and identify the pattern of deep and superficial lymphatic drainage in the trunk and its implications for health and disease
- Identify the pros and cons of various imaging techniques for the deep thoracic lymphatic system
- Describe invasive and non-invasive intervention strategies for deep thoracic lymphatic dysfunction
If you are unable to attend this online workshop that you have paid for, our preference is to offer credit towards a future workshop or seminar valid for one year. If this is not possible, we will refund the entire amount of payment if a written request is sent more than 14 days prior to the seminar, or if there is a valid medical reason for not being able to participate. If a workshop is cancelled by Lymphedema Seminars for any reason, we will provide a full credit for a future workshop or seminar valid for one year. Lymphedema Seminars will make every effort to contact attendees in a timely fashion if a course has to be canceled. If there are any complaints, please send them to us in writing and we will respond within 7 days.