(7 available contact hours)
Networking & Educational Workshop
for Lymphedema Therapists
Zoom Live-Streaming Online
"Practical Clinical Applications & Evaluation Tools for Lymphedema: PART #1"
MAY 7, 2022
WORKSHOP DATE: Saturday, May 7, 2022
TIME: (**NOTE: ALL TIMES ARE IN Pacific Time)
(7 possible contact hours)
8:00 a.m.- 5:00 p.m.
WORKSHOP FEE: only $195.00
Andrea Brennan, OTD, OTR/L, CLT-LANA, WCC, CI-CS: "Evaluation Tools for Head & Neck, and Skin & Wound Care"
Heidi Miranda-Walsh, OTR, CHT, CLT-LANA: "Head & Neck Lymphedema Treatment"
Linda Koehler, PhD, PT, CLT-LANA: "Complications, Assessments & Management of Axillary Web Syndrome (AWS)"
Missy Baylor, OTR, LMT, CLT-LANA, CSWSCS: "Skin & Wound Care"
CONTACT HOURS: 7
Lymphedema Seminars is an Approved Provider #04439 for Continuing Education by the American Occupational Therapy Association (AOTA). The California Physical Therapy Association (CPTA) has also granted approval for .7 CEUs for PTs and PTAs: CPTA #22-242. We also provide Certificates of Completion to all attendees.
WORKSHOP CONTACT: Shoosh Crotzer, Lymphedema Seminars, 805.772.3560
WORKSHOP PROGRAM SCHEDULE: see Program below
REFUND / COMPLAINT POLICY:
- Identify the skin microbiome to gain insight into microbial involvement in chronic edema skin disorders
- Identify components of the integumentary history for patients with chronic edema disorders
- Discuss assessment tools to document the elements of the examination
- Describe the complications and risk factors associated with AW
- Apply the current literature to the clinical assessment and management of AWS
- Identify relevant treatment options for AWS
- Understand cancer as a cause of head & neck lymphedema
- Identify how treatment of the disease, surgery, chemotherapy and radiation therapy affect tissues, pathways of lymph flow, normal function of neck movements, normal movements of jaw, tongue, swallowing, whole person
- Discuss options to assess and evaluate the head and neck oncology patient
- Identify the types of wounds and skin breakdowns which most commonly affect lymphedema patients
- Identify signs and symptoms of infection vs. inflammation
- Describe best practices for skin cleansing for lymphedema patients
- Select appropriate wound dressing options used in conjunction with lymphedema bandages
If you are unable to attend this online workshop that you have paid for, our preference is to offer credit towards a future workshop or seminar valid for one year. If this is not possible, we will refund the entire amount of payment if a written request is sent more than 14 days prior to the seminar, or if there is a valid medical reason for not being able to participate. If a workshop is cancelled by Lymphedema Seminars for any reason, we will provide a full credit for a future workshop or seminar valid for one year. Lymphedema Seminars will make every effort to contact attendees in a timely fashion if a course has to be canceled. If there are any complaints, please send them to us in writing and we will respond within 7 days.