REGISTER NOW!!! for our 2nd
(7 available contact hours)
Networking & Educational Workshop
for Lymphedema Therapists
Zoom Live-Streaming Online
"Breast Cancer-Related Lymphedema"
December 5, 2020
WORKSHOP DATE: Saturday, December 5, 2020
TIME: (**NOTE: ALL TIMES ARE IN Pacific Standard Time, PST)
(7 possible contact hours)
8:00 a.m.- 5:00 p.m.
WORKSHOP FEE: only $195.00
Karen Ashforth, MS, OTR, CLT-LANA: "Treating Breast Fibrosis"
Lesli Bell, DPT, CLT-LANA: "A Treating Upper Quadrant Dysfunction After Breast Cancer Surgery"
Andrea Brennan, OTD, OTR/L, CLT-LANA, WCC, CI-CS: "Assessing Breast & Truncal Edema"
Linda Roherty, PT, CLT-LANA: "Breast Cancer Rehab"
CONTACT HOURS: 7
Lymphedema Seminars is an Approved Provider #00927 for Continuing Education by the American Occupational Therapy Association (AOTA). We also have approval from the CA Physical Therapy Association (CPTA) for CEUs, #CPTA-20-457. Therapists from other states should apply individually after the course. We also provide Certificates of Completion to all attendees.
WORKSHOP CONTACT: Shoosh Crotzer, Lymphedema Seminars, 805.772.3560
WORKSHOP PROGRAM SCHEDULE: see Program below
PLEASE TELL US OF YOUR SPECIAL NEEDS:
- Identify current treatments for breast cancer patients
- Understand prospective surveillance with breast cancer treatments and considerations for Oncology Rehab
- Understand how you can be an important part of the interdisciplinary team for breast cancer survivors
- Name four types of fibrosis found with breast cancer patients
- Identify three anti-fibrotic treatments
- Describe two different compression garments that directly help to remodel fibrosis
- Identify poor posture, scapulohumeral rhythm, scapular instability and weakness in the post breast cancer population who has upper quarter dysfunction
- Describe orthopedic mechanics including spinal, shoulder and rib mobility that will improve scapulohumeral rhythm for patients after breast cancer surgery
- Describe 3 treatment techniques that will address shoulder, scapular and breathing dysfunction contributing to upper quarter limitations for patients post breast cancer treatment
- Identify a systematic approach to assessment to ensure all factors contributing to breast and trunk edema are recognized
- Compare different assessment tools to quantify trunk and breast edema.
- Interpret findings of assessment to determine plan of care
When filling out your application, please inform us of any special needs you might have, either physical, sensory or cognitive. We are fully committed to accommodating the special needs of participants and will do everything possible for requests received two weeks before the seminar. Special needs and dietary requests can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
REFUND / COMPLAINT POLICY:
If you are unable to attend a seminar that you have paid for, our preference is to offer credit towards a future seminar valid for one year. If this is not possible, we will refund the entire amount of payment if a written request is sent more than 14 days prior to the seminar, or if there is a valid medical reason for not being able to attend. If a seminar is cancelled by Lymphedema Seminars for any reason, we will provide a full credit for a future seminar valid for one year. Lymphedema Seminars will not be responsible for non-refundable airfare or other incurred costs for arriving to the course, and will make every effort to contact attendees in a timely fashion if a course has to be canceled. If there are any complaints, please send them to us in writing and we will respond within 7 days.