(7 available contact hours)
Networking & Educational Workshop
for Lymphedema Therapists
Zoom Live-Streaming Online
"Innovations to Update Your Practice: #1"
November 6, 2021
WORKSHOP DATE: Saturday, November 6, 2021
TIME: (**NOTE: ALL TIMES ARE IN Pacific Time)
(7 possible contact hours)
8:00 a.m.- 5:00 p.m.
WORKSHOP FEE: only $195.00
Eva Sevick, PhD: "Innovations in Lymphatic Imaging"
Karen Herbst, MD, PhD: "Innovative Insights into Treating Lipedema"
Lesli Bell, DPT, CLT-LANA: "Innovative Tools for Treating Lymphatics"
Wei Chen, MD, FACS: "Innovations in Lymphatic Surgeries"
CONTACT HOURS: 7
Lymphedema Seminars is an Approved Provider #02971 for Continuing Education by the American Occupational Therapy Association (AOTA). This online workshop offers 7 contact hours at an intermdiately level, OT Service Delivery category. AOTA does not endorse specific course content, products, or clinical procedures.
The California Physical Therapy Association (CPTA) has also granted approval for 7.0 CEUs for PTs and PTAs, #CPTA-21-528. Therapists from other states should apply individually after the course.
We also provide Certificates of Completion to all attendees.
WORKSHOP CONTACT: Shoosh Crotzer, Lymphedema Seminars, 805.772.3560
WORKSHOP PROGRAM SCHEDULE: see Program below
REFUND / COMPLAINT POLICY:
- Identify the advantages/limitations of NIRF-LI
- Describe how imaging can be used to direct delivery of drugs into the lymphatics/lymph nodes
- Describe how imaging can be used to direct and evaluate physiotherapies
- Recognize the difference between glymphatics and meningeal lymphatics
- Describe the role of the lymphatics in brain health
- Describe the role of lymphatics in brain injury
- Identify the kinds of innovative manual or instrument-assisted soft tissue therapies that could improve tissue structure after injection of adipose tissue with enzymes
- Adapt manual or instrument-assisted therapies to improve breakdown of fibrosis after oral therapies
- Discuss how ultrasound cavitation may improve lipedema tissue
- List tools that may improve manual treatment of lipedema
- Discuss how growth hormone secretagogues might be helpful in the treatment of lipedema
- Identify supplements that may improve senescent lipedema adipose tissue.
- Recognize the variety of problems that the breast cancer patient may have after breast cancer treatment
- Consider the principles of treatments and options for implementing creative ideas for patient care after breast cancer
- Discuss different treatment options for managing lymphedema
- Identify when surgical treatment should be considered
- Evaluate current surgical treatment options
- Identify outcomes of current surgical treatments
If you are unable to attend this online workshop that you have paid for, our preference is to offer credit towards a future workshop or seminar valid for one year. If this is not possible, we will refund the entire amount of payment if a written request is sent more than 14 days prior to the seminar, or if there is a valid medical reason for not being able to participate. If a workshop is cancelled by Lymphedema Seminars for any reason, we will provide a full credit for a future workshop or seminar valid for one year. Lymphedema Seminars will make every effort to contact attendees in a timely fashion if a course has to be canceled. If there are any complaints, please send them to us in writing and we will respond within 7 days.