REGISTER NOW!!! for our
Networking & Educational Seminar
for Lymphedema Therapists
Eisenhower Medical Center
Rancho Mirage (near Palm Springs), CA
November 1-3, 2019
*** NOTE: There will be an OPTIONAL pre-seminar WORKSHOP on Friday, November 1st from 2:00-5:30 pm (3 contact hours) for an additional $99*, with LESLI BELL, DPT, CLT-LANA: "Treating Breast & Truncal Lymphedema"
(*You may attend this Workshop & the Reception without attending the full seminar for $129.
If you also want to stay for the evening seminar Presentation following the Reception for 2 more CEUs, then the cost is $159.)
(Registration is on the general Registration Form.)
Friday, November 1 - Sunday noon, November 3, 2019
FRIDAY: (5 possible contact hours)
1:00-2:00 p.m.: Registration
2:00-5:30 p.m.: Optional
Pre-Seminar Workshop (3 contact hours)
5:00-7:00 p.m.: Registration/Wine & Hors D'oeuvres Reception / Exhibits
7:00-9:00 p.m.: Eva Sevick, PhD: "The Role of Lymphatics in Autoimmune Disorders and in Neuroinflammation" (2 contact hours)
SATURDAY: (7 contact hours)
7:30 a.m. through 6:00 p.m.
SUNDAY: (3 contact hours)
7:30 a.m. through 12 noon
Eisenhower Medical Center
Annenberg Health Sciences Bldg - Dining Room
39000 Bob Hope Drive
Rancho Mirage (near Palm Springs), CA 92270
Holiday Inn Express & Suites
71-730 Highway 111
Rancho Mirage, CA 92270
Call for Reservations and ask for the discounted Lymph Seminar
rate of only $109/night!
This hotel is newly renovated, is only 1 mile from the hospital and 9 miles from the Palm Springs International Airport.
Hotel includes free parking
and WiFi plus:
SEMINAR FEE: only $389.00
Lesli Bell, DPT, CLT-LANA: "Treating Breast & Truncal Lymphedema"
- Coffee Maker & Mini Refrigerator
- Flat LCD TV
- Iron and ironing board
- Hair dryer
- Fitness Center
- Outdoor Pool
OPTIONAL WORKSHOP; and "The Importance of Breath in Treating Lymphedema"
Eva Sevick, PhD: "The Role of Lymphatics in Autoimmune Disorders and in Neuroinflammation"
Missy Baylor, MOTR, LMT, CLT-LANA: "Integrating Wound Care & Lymphedema"
Maureen McBeth, MPT, CLT-LANA: "Advanced Treatment Techniques for Patients with Obesity & Lymphedema" and "Treating Lower Limb Lymphedema" and Interactive Sessions Moderator
Ruth Coopee, MOT, OtR.CHT, CLT, LMT, DZB: "Elastic Taping for Lymphedema"
Shoosh Lettick Crotzer, MS, C-IAYT: "Yoga & Lymphedema"
CONTACT HOURS: 15
(including the optional Friday Pre-Seminar Workshop)
Lymphedema Seminars is an Approved Provider #8208 for Continuing Education by the American Occupational Therapy Association (AOTA). We are applying for CEUs from the CA Physical Therapy Association (CPTA) and also provide Certificates of Completion to all attendees.
Shoosh Crotzer, Lymphedema Seminars, 805.772.3560
SEMINAR PROGRAM SCHEDULE: see Program below
PLEASE TELL US OF YOUR SPECIAL NEEDS:
- Recognize breast lymphedema and trunk/chest wall congestion
- Understand scar tissue/radiation fibrosis management with manual and taping techniques
- Learn self-care options for patients
- Understand the impact of edema/lymphedema on patients function during cancer treatment
- Understand the role lymphatics and lymph nodes play in mediating adaptive immune responses
- Describe how the lymphatics can be manipulated to improve immune responses
- Understand why NASA is interested in the lymphatics
- Learn how blood-lymph-cerebral spinal fluid (CSF) flows are connected
- Describe the latest hypotheses on how lymphatic health is related to neurodegenerative diseases
- Understand breathing mechanics as it relates to the sternum, ribs and transversus abdominus
- Recognize paradoxical breathing patterns
- Apply techniques and self-care techniques to improve paradoxical breathing patterns
- Describe anatomy and physiology of wound healing phases
- Discuss the impact of edema management on chronic non-healing wounds
- Identify major types of chronic non-healing wounds
- Understand basic principles of wound care
- Explore an array of wound care treatments and products currently utilized
- Identify appropriate product utilization to maximize wound healing (using case studies)
- Understand the mechanisms that result in adipose proliferation in the presence of lymph
- Recognize the benefits of a ketogenic diet for weight loss and health
- Recognize the urgency of addressing weight management in a comprehensive lymphedema program
- Discuss an evidence-based program and results of a research study
- Identify the links between obesity and lymphedema
- Appreciate how adapted yoga can be beneficial for quality of life for those with lymphedema
- Identify the specific yoga poses that are beneficial for improving lymphatic flow
- Apply the adapted yoga poses into a specific sequence
- Brainstorm and discuss methods and alternatives for various aspects of lymphedema treatment in a roundtable discussion
- Develop resources and networking connections with other lymphedema therapists
- Develop problem-solving and clinical reasoning skills for advanced level lymphedema treatment through interactive discussion with other lymphedema therapists
- Understand history and theory of elastic tape
- Understand functions and properties of elastic tape
- Understand the principles of tape applications: cuts, tension, application and removal
- Understand indications and contraindications for the application of elastic tape
- Describe the common differential diagnoses with lower limb swelling
- Discuss various treatment modalities for the treatment of lower limb swelling
When filling out your application, please inform us of any special needs you might have, either physical, sensory or cognitive. We are fully committed to accommodating the special needs of participants and will do everything possible for requests received two weeks before the seminar. Special needs and dietary requests can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
REFUND / COMPLAINT POLICY:
If you are unable to attend a seminar that you have paid for, our preference is to offer credit towards a future seminar valid for one year. If this is not possible, we will refund the entire amount of payment if a written request is sent more than 14 days prior to the seminar, or if there is a valid medical reason for not being able to attend. If a seminar is cancelled by Lymphedema Seminars for any reason, we will provide a full credit for a future seminar valid for one year. Lymphedema Seminars will not be responsible for non-refundable airfare or other incurred costs for arriving to the course, and will make every effort to contact attendees in a timely fashion if a course has to be canceled. If there are any complaints, please send them to us in writing and we will respond within 7 days.