(12 available contact hours)
Networking & Educational Seminar
for Lymphedema Therapists
Eisenhower Medical Center
Rancho Mirage, CA (near Palm Springs)
October 28-30, 2022**
There will be an OPTIONAL, FREE
Pre-Seminar Workshop Friday, October 28, from 2:00-5:00 pm*
SPONSORED BY 6D Tape and Action Massage Device This will be a hands-on workshop and presentation showing how to use both the tape and their negative pressure device. There is a SEPARATE Registration Form
for this workshop. (CEUs will NOT be offered with this free workshop.)
Friday, October 28 - Sunday, October 30, 2022
TIME: (12 possible contact hours)
Friday: (2 possible contact hours)
1:00 p.m.- 2:00 p.m.: Registration
2:00 p.m.- 5:00 p.m.: Optional FREE
Pre-Seminar Sponsored Workshop*
*You MUST ALSO be registered for the SEMINAR to apply
5:30-7:00 p.m.: Registration/Hors D'oeuvres Reception/ Exhibits
7:00-9:00 p.m: Eva Sevick, PhD: "Imaging the Lymphatics with IC-Green: What We've Learned and Have Yet to Discover"
Saturday: (7 possible contact hours)
7:30 a.m.- 6:00 p.m.
Sunday: (3 possible contact hours)
8:00 a.m.- 12 noon
Eisenhower Medical Center
Annenberg Health Sciences Bldg - Dining Room
39000 Bob Hope Drive
Rancho Mirage (near Palm Springs), CA 92270
Holiday Inn Express & Suites
71-730 Highway 111
Rancho Mirage, CA 92270
Call for Reservations and ask for the discounted Lymphedema Seminar rate of only $149/night
(plus 13.195% tax)! Ask for the Block Code LYM
This hotel is newly renovated, is only 1 mile from the hospital and 9 miles from the Palm Springs International Airport.
Hotel includes free parking
and WiFi plus:
SEMINAR FEE: only $389.00 (12 Contact Hours)
Eva Sevick, PhD: "Imaging the Lymphatics with IC-Green: What We've Learned and Have Yet to Discover"
Shelley DiCecco, PT, PhD: ""Lymphedema's Connection to the Pelvic Floor...and So Much More..."
Karen Ashforth, MS, OTR, CLT-LANA: "Treating Lower Limb Fibrosis"
Missy Baylor, OTR, LMT, CLT-LANA, CSWS: "Challenges in Treating Feet & Toes: Wrapping & Footwear"
Shoosh Crotzer, MS, C-IAYT: "Yoga for Lymphatics"
Min-Jeong Cho, MD: "Navigating Lymphatic Surgery: How to Personalize Lymphedema Treatment"
Ruth Coopee, OTR/L, CHT, CLT, LMT, CZB: "Taping for Fibrosis"
CONTACT HOURS: 12
Lymphedema Seminars is an Approved Provider #05183 for Continuing Education by the American Occupational Therapy Association (AOTA). The CA Physical Therapy Association (CAPTA) has also approved us for CEUs with #22-490, and therapists from other states should apply individually after the course. We also provide Certificates of Completion to all attendees.
- Coffee Maker & Mini Refrigerator
- Flat LCD TV
- Iron and ironing board
- Hair dryer
Shoosh Crotzer, Lymphedema Seminars, 805.772.3560
SEMINAR PROGRAM SCHEDULE: see Program below
REFUND / COMPLAINT POLICY:
- Formulate new approaches to reverse early changes in lymphatics that precede the onset of irreversible cancer acquired lymphedema
- Describe the relationship between cerebrospinal fluid and lymphatics
- Recognize how lymphatic dysfunction can impact brain health in early and late life
- Recognize the relationships between a personís truncal/pelvic anatomy and pelvic floor dysfunctions in general
- Describe the relationship of lymphatic disorders and pelvic floor dysfunctions
- Identify evaluation and treatment options for individuals with both lymphatic and pelvic floor disorders
- Name three common risk factors for lower limb fibrosis
- Identify three different types of dermal fibrosis
- Name four lower limb fibrosis treatments
- Identify signs and symptoms of skin conditions specific to the feet and toenails
- Describe options for readymade compression choices for toes, foot and ankle
- Identify methods of compression bandaging for toes, foot and ankle
- Describe footwear options for irregular shapes/sizes and/or with bandaging
- Identify when surgical treatment should be considered
- Examine current surgical treatment options
- Identify outcomes of current surgical treatments in relation to patient needs
- Identify the different properties of elastic tape products
- Examine how elasticity affects lymphatic structures in the skin
- Describe the effect of different taping cuts and applications to effect lymphatic motility
- Assess appropriateness of elastic taping on patients with fibrosis
- Increase/improve palpation skills to assess tissue for fibrosis and edema
If you are unable to attend this workshop or seminar that you have paid for, our preference is to offer credit towards a future workshop or seminar valid for one year. If this is not possible, we will refund the entire amount of payment if a written request is sent more than 14 days prior to the seminar, or if there is a valid medical reason for not being able to participate. If a workshop or seminar is cancelled by Lymphedema Seminars for any reason, we will provide a full credit for a future workshop or seminar valid for one year. Lymphedema Seminars will make every effort to contact attendees in a timely fashion if a course has to be canceled. If there are any complaints, please send them to us in writing and we will respond within 7 days.