REGISTER NOW!!! for our
Networking & Educational Workshop
for Lymphedema Therapists
Zoom Live-Streaming Online
September 26, 2020
WORKSHOP DATE: Saturday, September 26, 2020
(8 possible contact hours)
8:00 a.m.- 5:30 p.m.
WORKSHOP FEE: only $195.00
Karen Ashforth, MS, OTR, CLT-LANA: "The Importance of PTSD and the Polyvagal System in Successful Treatment of Lymphedema"
Sheila Ridner, PhD, RN, FAAN: "A Review of Evidence About Self Care Management"
Lesli Bell, DPT, CLT-LANA: "The importance of Breath in Treating Lymphedema"
Andrea Brennan, OTD, OTR/L, CLT-LANA, WCC, CI-CS: "Self-Care Management of Lympho-Venous Skin Issues"
CONTACT HOURS: 8
Lymphedema Seminars is an Approved Provider #8208 for Continuing Education by the American Occupational Therapy Association (AOTA). We have applied to the CA Physical Therapy Association (CPTA) for CEUs, and therapists from other states should apply individually after the course. We also provide Certificates of Completion to all attendees.
WORKSHOP INSTRUCTIONAL METHOD & LEVEL: Lecture, Intermediate
WORKSHOP CONTACT: Shoosh Crotzer, Lymphedema Seminars, 805.772.3560
WORKSHOP PROGRAM SCHEDULE: see Program below
PLEASE TELL US OF YOUR SPECIAL NEEDS:
- Identify the three main branches of the polyvagal system and their function
- Name the relationship between vagus nerve dysfunction and lymphedema
- Describe four exercises that increase vagal tone
- Summarize evidence-based techniques patients can use to manage swelling
- Name at least 3 symptoms associated with lymphedema that might require self-care for each of the following areas: arms, legs, head & neck, and truncal areas of the human body that might require self-care
- Summarize evidence-based techniques patients can use to manage lymphedema related symptoms
- Summarize the main issues facing self-care management in our current environment
- Identify self-care issues before, during and after COVID-19
- Understand how to address these issues with patients
- Understand breathing mechanics as it relates to the sternum, ribs and transversus abdominus
- Recognize paradoxical breathing patterns
- Apply techniques and self-care techniques to improve paradoxical breathing patterns
- Explain how to bring about an effective way to transfer the knowledge to the patient for individual optimal self-management
- Provide advice and support to help patients recognize the signs and symptoms of lower leg and foot problems
- Design a self-care protocol for patients with lympho-vascular dermatological issues
When filling out your application, please inform us of any special needs you might have, either physical, sensory or cognitive. We are fully committed to accommodating the special needs of participants and will do everything possible for requests received two weeks before the seminar. Special needs and dietary requests can be emailed to email@example.com
REFUND / COMPLAINT POLICY:
If you are unable to attend a seminar that you have paid for, our preference is to offer credit towards a future seminar valid for one year. If this is not possible, we will refund the entire amount of payment if a written request is sent more than 14 days prior to the seminar, or if there is a valid medical reason for not being able to attend. If a seminar is cancelled by Lymphedema Seminars for any reason, we will provide a full credit for a future seminar valid for one year. Lymphedema Seminars will not be responsible for non-refundable airfare or other incurred costs for arriving to the course, and will make every effort to contact attendees in a timely fashion if a course has to be canceled. If there are any complaints, please send them to us in writing and we will respond within 7 days.