(7 available contact hours)
Networking & Educational Workshop
for Lymphedema Therapists
Zoom Live-Streaming Online
"Breast Cancer-Related Lymphedema"
June 5, 2021
WORKSHOP DATE: Saturday, June 5, 2021
TIME: (**NOTE: ALL TIMES ARE IN Pacific Time)
(7 possible contact hours)
8:00 a.m.- 5:00 p.m.
WORKSHOP FEE: only $195.00
Linda Roherty, PT, CLT-LANA: "Breast Cancer Rehab"
Karen Ashforth, MS, OTR, CLT-LANA: "Treating Breast Fibrosis"
Lesli Bell, DPT, CLT-LANA: "Treating Upper Quadrant Dysfunction After Breast Cancer Surgery"
Andrea Brennan, OTD, OTR/L, CLT-LANA, WCC, CI-CS: "Assessing Breast & Truncal Edema"
CONTACT HOURS: 7
Lymphedema Seminars is an Approved Provider #00927 for Continuing Education by the American Occupational Therapy Association (AOTA). The California Physical Therapy Association (CPTA) has also granted approval for 7.0 CEUs for PTs and PTAs, #CPTA-20-457. Therapists from other states should apply individually after the course. We also provide Certificates of Completion to all attendees.
WORKSHOP CONTACT: Shoosh Crotzer, Lymphedema Seminars, 805.772.3560
WORKSHOP PROGRAM SCHEDULE: see Program below
REFUND / COMPLAINT POLICY:
- Identify current treatments for breast cancer patients
- Understand prospective surveillance with breast cancer treatments and considerations for Oncology Rehab
- Understand how you can be an important part of the interdisciplinary team for breast cancer survivors
- Name four types of fibrosis found with breast cancer patients
- Identify three anti-fibrotic treatments
- Describe two different compression garments that directly help to remodel fibrosis
- Identify poor posture, scapulohumeral rhythm, scapular instability and weakness in the post breast cancer population who has upper quarter dysfunction
- Describe orthopedic mechanics including spinal, shoulder and rib mobility that will improve scapulohumeral rhythm for patients after breast cancer surgery
- Describe 3 treatment techniques that will address shoulder, scapular and breathing dysfunction contributing to upper quarter limitations for patients post breast cancer treatment
- Identify a systematic approach to assessment to ensure all factors contributing to breast and trunk edema are recognized
- Compare different assessment tools to quantify trunk and breast edema.
- Interpret findings of assessment to determine plan of care
If you are unable to attend this online workshop that you have paid for, our preference is to offer credit towards a future workshop or seminar valid for one year. If this is not possible, we will refund the entire amount of payment if a written request is sent more than 14 days prior to the seminar, or if there is a valid medical reason for not being able to participate. If a workshop is cancelled by Lymphedema Seminars for any reason, we will provide a full credit for a future workshop or seminar valid for one year. Lymphedema Seminars will make every effort to contact attendees in a timely fashion if a course has to be canceled. If there are any complaints, please send them to us in writing and we will respond within 7 days.