(7 available contact hours)
Networking & Educational Workshop
for Lymphedema Therapists
Zoom Live-Streaming Online
"Lifestyle & Lymphedema"
MAY 6, 2023
WORKSHOP DATE: Saturday, May 6, 2023
TIME: (**NOTE: ALL TIMES ARE IN Pacific Time)
(7 possible contact hours)
8:00 a.m.- 5:00 p.m.
WORKSHOP FEE: $195 for Therapists; only $99 for PATIENTS
Kristianne Nygaard, DPT, CLT-LANA: "Exercise & Breathing for Lymphedema"
Leslyn Keith, OTD, CLT-LANA: "Nutrition & Lymphedema"
Linda Anne Kahn, CLT-LANA, CIDESCO, NCBTMB, CMT, HNC: "Aromatherapy and Lymphedema"
Brigit Anderson, OTR, CLT: "Stylish Compression Garments"
CONTACT HOURS: 7
Lymphedema Seminars is an Approved Provider #8208 for Continuing Education by the American Occupational Therapy Association (AOTA). We have applied to the CA Physical Therapy Association (CAPTA) for CEUs, and therapists from other states should apply individually after the course. We also provide Certificates of Completion to all attendees.
WORKSHOP CONTACT: Shoosh Crotzer, Lymphedema Seminars, 805.772.3560
WORKSHOP PROGRAM SCHEDULE: see Program below
REFUND / COMPLAINT POLICY:
- Identify the physiologic mechanisms for the effect of diaphragmatic breathing and exercise on the lymphatic system
- Formulate a progressive exercise program to stimulate lymphatic circulation in their respective patients
- Create exercise programs for patients with breast cancer-related lymphedema
- Describe the role of the lymphatic system in lipid metabolism
- List criteria for nutrition optimization for lymphedema
- Compare and contrast the benefits and drawbacks of a ketogenic diet with a standard Western diet
- Identify what nutritional interventions and treatment strategies are within the scope of practice for occupational and physical therapy
- Identify resources to learn more about nutrition and lymphedema therapy
- Describe the basics of aromatherapy and how aromatherapy essential oils can help with lipedema and lymphedema patients
- Identify essential oils and carriers for lymphatic system
- Describe essential oil blends for patients who have had chemotherapy and radiation
- Define what oils can help with scar tissue and radiation
- Identify the different materials used in compression garments
- Discuss the need to accommodate lifestyle with effectiveness of compression garments
- Identify different styles of compression garments from various companies
If you are unable to attend this online workshop that you have paid for, our preference is to offer credit towards a future workshop or seminar valid for one year. If this is not possible, we will refund the entire amount of payment if a written request is sent more than 14 days prior to the seminar, or if there is a valid medical reason for not being able to participate. If a workshop is cancelled by Lymphedema Seminars for any reason, we will provide a full credit for a future workshop or seminar valid for one year. Lymphedema Seminars will make every effort to contact attendees in a timely fashion if a course has to be canceled. If there are any complaints, please send them to us in writing and we will respond within 7 days.