(8 available contact hours)
Networking & Educational Workshop
for Lymphedema Therapists
Zoom Live-Streaming Online
"Oncological Lower Quadrant Lymphedema"
April 24, 2021
WORKSHOP DATE: Saturday, April 24, 2021
TIME: (**NOTE: ALL TIMES ARE IN Pacific Time)
(8 possible contact hours)
8:00 a.m.- 5:45 p.m.
WORKSHOP FEE: only $195.00
Andrea Brennan, OTD, OTR/L, CLT-LANA, WCC, CI-CS: "Chronic Venous Insufficiency"
Linda Roherty, PT, CLT-LANA: "Oncology Rehab for Gynecological Lymphedema"
Shelley diCecco, PT, PhD, CLT-LANA: "Compression Strategies for Lower Quadrant Lymphedema"
Karen Ashforth, MS, OTR, CLT-LANA: "Treatment of Genital Swelling & Fibrosis"
CONTACT HOURS: 8
Lymphedema Seminars is an Approved Provider #8208 for Continuing Education by the American Occupational Therapy Association (AOTA). We have applied to the CA Physical Therapy Association (CAPTA) for CEUs, and therapists from other states should apply individually after the course. We also provide Certificates of Completion to all attendees.
WORKSHOP CONTACT: Shoosh Crotzer, Lymphedema Seminars, 805.772.3560
WORKSHOP PROGRAM SCHEDULE: see Program below
REFUND / COMPLAINT POLICY:
- Identify relevant anatomy
- Describe the cause and consequences of chronic venous insufficiency (CVI)
- Describe risk factors for and symptoms of CVI
- Describe available treatments for CVI
- Recognize types of pelvic cancers and their treatements
- Identify sequela of pelvic cancer treatments
- Learn areas to expand treatment opportunities for your patientís care
- Describe the importance of appropriate compression for the lower quadrant with lymphedema treatment and maintenance
- Learn bandaging techniques and/or alternatives to improve lower quadrant gradient compression
- Learn garment options for lower quadrant compression during the maintenance phase of lymphedema treatment
- Name three subjective symptoms in the Genital Lymphedema Severity Scoring System
- Name three common functional deficits associated with male and female genital lymphedema
- Identify three maintenance compression program strategies for male and female genital swelling.
If you are unable to attend this online workshop that you have paid for, our preference is to offer credit towards a future workshop or seminar valid for one year. If this is not possible, we will refund the entire amount of payment if a written request is sent more than 14 days prior to the seminar, or if there is a valid medical reason for not being able to participate. If a workshop is cancelled by Lymphedema Seminars for any reason, we will provide a full credit for a future workshop or seminar valid for one year. Lymphedema Seminars will make every effort to contact attendees in a timely fashion if a course has to be canceled. If there are any complaints, please send them to us in writing and we will respond within 7 days.