(7 available contact hours)
Networking & Educational Workshop
for Lymphedema Therapists
Zoom Live-Streaming Online
"Post Lymphedema Surgery Treatments"
FEBRUARY 25, 2023
WORKSHOP DATE: Saturday, February 25, 2023
TIME: (**NOTE: ALL TIMES ARE IN Pacific Time)
(7 possible contact hours)
8:00 a.m.- 5:00 p.m.
WORKSHOP FEE: only $195.00
Roman Skoracki, MD: "Different Types of Lymphedema Surgeries"
Paula Stewart, MD, CLT-LANA: "Issues & Drugs Associated with Lymphedema Surgeries"
Julie Soderberg, MPT, ATC, CLT-LANA: "Timeline for Post Lymphedema Surgery Treatment"
Karen Ashforth, MS, OTR, CLT-LANA: "Psychology of Healing from Lymphedema Surgery"
CONTACT HOURS: 7
Lymphedema Seminars is an Approved Provider #8208 for Continuing Education by the American Occupational Therapy Association (AOTA). We have applied to the CA Physical Therapy Association (CAPTA) for CEUs, and therapists from other states should apply individually after the course. We also provide Certificates of Completion to all attendees.
WORKSHOP CONTACT: Shoosh Crotzer, Lymphedema Seminars, 805.772.3560
WORKSHOP PROGRAM SCHEDULE: see Program below
REFUND / COMPLAINT POLICY:
- Name the various types of lymphedema surgeries
- Discuss the staging and diagnosis leading to surgery
- Identify when each type of surgery is appropriate for your patients
- Recognize how stage of lymphedema preoperatively impacts the surgical procedure and post operative outcomes.
- Name the classes of medicationís available for the treatment of Lymphedema and state their mechanisms
- Discuss the most common post-operative complications
- Identify the general contraindications for patient activity level after surgical intervention
- Identify which therapy techniques are contraindicated or used with caution after surgical intervention
- Recognize appropriate compression for patients who have received surgical intervention
- Describe the benefits of clinician presence for the client
- Name two evidence-based techniques that can be implemented prior to surgery to influence post-surgical healing
- Name three techniques to use concurrent with CDT treatments to enhance post-surgical healing
- Identify six risk factors for ACES
- Discuss the impact of unresolved ACES and low resilience as higher risks for PTSD and their impact on post-surgical healing
If you are unable to attend this online workshop that you have paid for, our preference is to offer credit towards a future workshop or seminar valid for one year. If this is not possible, we will refund the entire amount of payment if a written request is sent more than 14 days prior to the seminar, or if there is a valid medical reason for not being able to participate. If a workshop is cancelled by Lymphedema Seminars for any reason, we will provide a full credit for a future workshop or seminar valid for one year. Lymphedema Seminars will make every effort to contact attendees in a timely fashion if a course has to be canceled. If there are any complaints, please send them to us in writing and we will respond within 7 days.